Thursday, February 17, 2011

the shiny bits

I don't know about you, but I have been seeing many grecian goddess inspired fashion pieces lately. You know, those Cleopatra-ish bold gold chains?
Well, I wanted to have my take at it too and here are my materials:


Not exactly keeping to the theme, right? ;)

Mainly due to the fact that I don't have many gold coloured beads (time to do some bead shopping?), I chose only base metal colours- silver, gunmetal & gold with a couple of pointy swirl charms.
There is another huge thick & relatively heavy pendant too (tribal-looking design!) which isn't pictured here.

This necklace is still a work in progress, some tweaking here & there is needed to perfect the design, which will have to wait till tomorrow.
I'm rushing off for a movie date with my sister tonight & have planned to list 1 new item before leaving the house. The 'made in february' section in my store looks a bit bare, when compared to 18 pieces in January.

Gotta buck up a bit for this month!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product, I love egyptian inspired jewelry :) I'm following from your post on the Etsy Forum, you can follow me back at www.pickfamilynonsense.blogspot.com if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, I have not completed it yet though, soon....!

    ReplyDelete